Clinical Laboratory Water
Clinical and laboratory water for analysers specified to clinical laboratory reagent water (CLRW) standard.
What is Clinical Laboratory Water?
Clinical-grade water is essential in clinical analysis laboratories for accurate, reliable laboratory analysis. The Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) defines the maximum levels of contaminants in clinical laboratory reagent water (CLRW).
Medical-Grade Pure Water Systems
The main requirements for clinical laboratory reagent water systems are:
- Reliable, uninterrupted supply
- Consistent, high levels of water purity
- Low system running costs
- Easy to use and maintain
The Veolia Water Technologies MEDICA Pro range of ultrapure medical-grade pure water systems easily meet these requirements. A range of models are available, each capable of reliably delivering specific amounts of laboratory-grade water per hour. They are compact, flexible, easily installed and economical. Self-monitoring software with built-in emergency by-pass guarantees performance 24 hours a day.
Clinical-Grade Water Uses
Here are just a handful of the typical ways in which clinical-grade water is used:
- Cuvette washing – eliminates carry over and contamination
- Sample probe washing – eliminates sample-to-sample cross contamination
- Pipetting syringes – accurate and precise pipetting of both sample and reagent
- Reagent probe washing – eliminates reagent-to-reagent contamination
- Incubator bath – supports accurate and precise photometric readings