Veolia Water Technologies Delivers a 100% Recovery, Recycle, Reuse Solution for Zimmer Orthopaedics

Veolia Water Technologies Delivers a 100% Recovery, Recycle, Reuse Solution for Zimmer Orthopaedics

Client Needs

With increased demand for their products world-wide, a new manufacturing facility required a dedicated water solution that would not only ensure a highly efficient and sustainable supply of Purified Water that would also be innovative and adaptable to meet the facility’s growing needs. In May 2011 an agreed design was in-place that would see a single-unit Recovery RO (Reverse Osmosis) solution being added to the Pure Water infrastructure that is today recovering 100% of the waste water generated. 75% of this is sent back once again to begin the purification cycle as raw water; the remaining 25% is re-used within the plant for other services.

Our Solution

This solution is comprised of an RO Concentrate Recovery System consisting of a 2,000L Polypropylene Concentrate Tank, a booster pump and a MegaRO™ unit. The waste produced by the MegaRO™ unit is further treated using UV
sterilising technology enabling it to be used in alternative applications by the customer. The MegaROTM Mk2 reverse osmosis systems produces high purity water, removing up to 98% of dissolved inorganic and over 99% of large dissolved organics, colloids and particles.

The Result

The system has been standardised and optimised in order to fulfil the essential demands of the relevant applications and minimise operating costs. With its high output, low-energy membranes it achieves a desalination rate of about 96 to
98% and at the same time, a water recovery of 100%.

Download a full copy
Download