A biological recirculating aquaculture system that uses aeration and particle removal.
The Kaldnes RAS (recirculating aquaculture system) is a biological aquaculture treatment system that reuses water alongside continual treatment/delivery to cultured organisms. By using aeration and particle removal, it maximises production while reducing pollution, energy and water consumption.
Kaldnes RAS offers particle control down to nanofiltration, along with maximum utilisation of added oxygen in the smallest footprint possible.
Recirculating Aquaculture System Advantages
Recirculating Aquaculture Systems (RAS) offer a number of benefits over flow-through or pond aquaculture systems:
- Water is conserved, reducing environmental impact and supporting sustainability.
- Fish are healthier and less prone to disease.
- Effluent and waste control is simplified as less waste is created.
- High fish stock density reduces the amount of land needed, lowering costs.
- Whole system can be monitored and controlled remotely.