Thermal hydrolysis and anaerobic digestion for sludge reduction and to increase odourless biogas production.
Bio Thelys™ handles all kinds of organic, industrial or municipal sludge and can also handle grease. Put simply, Bio Thelys™ allows you to reduce sludge volume, improve sludge quality and increase biogas production.
Bio Thelys™ is a complete sludge-reduction solution that works in batch mode, combining thermal hydrolysis and anaerobic digestion. Bio Thelys™ offers better performance than conventional digestion and optimises sludge treatment by producing up to 35% less dry matter and up to 50% more biogas with no odours.
Benefits of Sludge Treatment and Sludge Reduction with Bio Thelys™
The Bio Thelys sludge treatment process produces a pasteurised digestate that is fully compliant with international standards including ADAS Safe Sludge Matrix (UK), and EPA Class A (USA).
Other key benefits of the system include:
- Increased digestion capacity: Enables greater sludge throughput, even at existing treatment facilities.
- Reduced digester-related costs for new installations.
- Chemical costs are reduced due to improved sludge dewaterability.
- Sludge volume reduction saves transport costs.
- Energy can be produced from co-generation or bio-methane.
- Able to process a wide range of organic, municipal or industrial sludges including those containing fats, oils and grease.